Celebrating diversity and making lemonade...

Celebrating diversity and making lemonade...

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Putting together our top bar hive!

Beekeeping

Joshua is taking beekeeping in 4-H so we decided to do a top bar hive for his 4-H project.  Joshua and I put together our top bar hive yesterday.  I filmed this with the camera the wrong direction (rookie mistake).  Also, during the video, Joshua mentioned that the bees need water and I said that we would be getting a waterbath.  I meant to say birdbath!  Ugh...

Today, we will put on a coat of tung oil to protect the wood from the elements.  Also, we will put our logo on the top and then maybe I will take another short video of the completely finished hive.  Bees come on April 24th!


If the weather holds out, Henry and I will be preparing the sunflower beds next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment